HybridZ

Greddy ProfecB-spec II HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok im getting VERY frustrated with this unit. Basically its being a PITA to tune. The instructions are so so and im not really gettting any where... heres what happens:

If I do a pull starting in third gear, it regulates the boost rather well. It spikes to 15-16 and then settles at 14psi. However I cant raise the boost, if I change anything im getting a big boost spike. It seems i cant get rid if it no matter what i do.

But here is the wierd part:

If i do a pull starting in 4th gear it doesnt regulate the boost at all! It has gotten up to 20+ psi and at that point the only thing stoping it is my foot. It will do this in third gear if i slowly roll on to the throttle, but it does it in 4th and 5th at WOT.

I heard of that problem with the revised new Profec II. (I assume that's what you got)

I got a Blitz so I don't know if this helps or not but on my EBC, I can adjust the gain (how fast/slow to open the WG when target boost is reached) when I had it set low, it'll hit the target boost every gear yet slower spool (still way faster than the manual boost controller). When I turned too much gain, it'll spike all depends on RPM and gears. So if you can adjust the gain down you can fix your problem. Don't know if ProfecII got it or not. Also, I was told running 15 psi actualtor helps too. (less work on EBC more on the actual actuator)

I just checked, it's called turbo response on ProfecII

Hey yo thanks for the reply

So far as i can tell there are 3 function that have to do with controlling the boost. Set, Gain, and Set gain.

I had the gain set at 0. This seemed to provide the least spike, I tried between 0 and 10. Perhaps I should try something higher. 10 gave a huge spike so i stopped messing with it and set it back to 0

There is another feature on the spec II called "Set Gain" This controlls when the gain feature is activated. LIke if you dont want the gain to start till 8psi then you can set it there.

here is what my setting look like currently

set: 68%

gain: 0

set gain: 28

i dunno its killing me. and it doesnt seem like there is a linear relationship between set and the boost level. Its almost like im stabbing in the dark.

And not controlling the boost in 4th gear kinda scares me alot.

Anybody on the board have a SPECII???

-Austin