HybridZ

Has anyone actually used the "new" 7round ribbed r

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

Hi, MSA sells a 7" round "euro beam" headlamp set, which appears to have ribbed aluminum reflector backing/lens. I've yet to hear anyone conclusively say these are more than a styling advance, a la Hummer H2 style, but then a lot of new cars have these reflector backings, given their new found DOT legal free form styling. I have my doubts that these work better than old Cibie Z beams (on my car) but I'd like to hear from an OWNER, and I posted previously, to no qualified replies...is this all sales hoopla or what?!!?

John-83 280ZXT, in body shop, anxiously awaiting car back after 6 weeks--Sergio's Auto Body (2 Z's in shop! referred to by New England Z club webmaster, to dubious credibility=I've yet to learn S. American Spanish!!).

• 3 weeks later...

Update on Euro Trash headlights: Installed the lights over the weekend. They work pretty well, haven't driven with them though as I have to get the registration done on the new 280. They are quite a bit brighter than the stock lights, and have a blue tint to them that looks kinda cool if that sort of thing is your bag. There is a small blue LED that you can wire in as well to have even more blue tint, but I left mine disconnected. I didn't have to modify the headlight mounts at all to mount them, and the stock plug fits onto the back of the H4 bulb. They are rated at 85W, but don't seem to overload the electrical system when turned on. Heres a pic:

euro%20trash%20headlight.jpg

Link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&item=2480359035&category=33710

Mike