HybridZ

Camaro Tank->fuel guage

Guest m35514h

A camaro gauge would work better. I am not much of a electronics expert, but the gauge wont just hook up. You would have to change @ what ohm level the Datsun gauge would read full and empty.

Well looks like it is possable i found a guy that knows his sh-t about electronics. He developed this circuit to turn on an LED. I emailed him to see if it would work in this application and he says definatly!!!

Simple Low Fuel or Low Gas Indicator Circuit

The camero tank sending unit uses voltage. You couldn't use the pulse that comes out of the PCM.

Input 5.0V

Empty .34V

Full 2.9V

Just convert it to the Datsun guage spec's

Check it out

Thanks for all your help :D

No I do believe that it will work! b_hand.gif Instead of using the LED you would connect it to the datsun gauge. The whole idea of the 741 OPAMP is that what ever the voltage varies into the 741 it will proportionatly change the voltage comming out of the OPAMP. You can use the Variable Resister to increase or decrease the voltage comming to the gauge. I will have more specifics this weekend when I try it.