HybridZ

LS1 engine mount....

Guest Chevelle7d2

Guest Chevelle7d2

So I ran across this web site http://www.speartech.com/coproj-1991ls1.html and got to thinking, why couldnt I do this with my 84 300ZX?? Although I havent test fitted my LS1 or anything yet in my engine bay, Does anyone think that this way of mounting the motor and making custom brackets would work? It seems like it would, but agian, the clearance and everything may not be the same... Just a thought. What do you guys think?

If the crossmember in the 300ZX is in the right position I would think it would work just fine. But is the crossmember right where it needs to be......or is it too far forward or too far rearward? You will have to test fit it to find out for sure.

Your in uncharted/undocumented territory so you will just have to learn as you go. I dont think Ive seen an LS1 in a 84-98 300ZX.

Good luck! :D

Guy

Guest Chevelle7d2

Anyone know if the crossmember in a 240 is the same (or close) to the same as the crossmember found in a 300?? IF so then I will deffinately most likely need a Holden oil pan. Anyone?