HybridZ

my 240 turbo's first vicitim....

z-REX

had a nice drive home from shipping out my extra turbo yesterday...... :twisted:

traffic was the usual warzone on 9W (new yorkers?) so in the course of cutting around the backway, came up to a red-light next to a nice shiny black 350z. about 40-ish owner, car's dead stock, but seems he had about as much interest in getting to the merge first as i did. so..., hmm, could i actually take him? only one way to find out! :burnout:

he got off on me pretty good... that car has an assload of torque! i launched pretty well, by the end of first gear i was about even...(turbo 1, torque 1) second gear lands me right at boost, nudge a fender, door, he looks pissed! i was about to hit third when he let off. MY LANE!!!!! :malebitchslap:

wow. :shock: honestly, i thought he was gonna kill me.

Guest bastaad525

yeah and how much boost? I killed a 350z convertible easily... same story he got me off the line but into 2nd his lead dissapeared quick. They aren't as fast as they should be... good very broad torque range but just too damn heavy. I was running 10psi bone stock no intercooler, dynoed at 200rwhp. 350's dyno about 240rwhp but they something like 3400lbs!!! Sucks that most 350z drivers have no idea what a 240 even is.....

they really aren't as fast as they should be... if he only knew i beat him for a tenth the asking price! :rockon:

i just got it, so i haven't started modding it yet. the only thing done to the stock L28et is the boost controller, and since i haven't gotten a boost gauge in it yet i really don't know where it's dialed... :oops: i'm under the impression that it wasn't installed to be left alone, so i'm safe to assume slightly more than stock boost. it has a 280z 5-spd and the ratios in that box seem perfect for the engine. never seems to drop it below the powerband.

the first step is to find out how much boost i'm running... the next ones involve making it handle more!

Guest bastaad525

DUDE... take the boost controller OUT if you dont have a boost gauge... you're taking a BIG risk like that, not knowing what the boost is set at. If you badly beat a 350z you're most likely at at least 9psi, but you could just as easily be running 12psi and not know it and one day you're gonna see smoking coming from your exhaust, your idle is gonna be super lumpy and you wont even know why. It's NOT worth the risk... gauges are cheap and relatively easy to install, dont risk your engine over something so small.

oh trust me bastaad.... boost controller #1 on bob's priority list! just have to clear it with the wife... or maybe she'll never know! :twisted:

taking it pretty much easy till it's in... just gets too tempting sometimes!

Guest ON3GO

good kill man..

im sure your not boosting to much.

i have a BRAND NEW NEVER BEEN USED autometer phantom boost gauge.

i bought it like 2 weeks ago for my blue Z because i was about to do a turbo swap but i lost my job and now it seems everything is breaking so if i have to i will sell it.

aol IM me.

mike

Guest bastaad525

maybe I'm just a little paranoid from all the bad luck I've had... sorry didn't mean to come off so 'snappy' but I guarantee you if that had been me I'd have blown something up. Just better to know where you're at. It wouldn't hurt to run it at stock boost... even stock boost in a 240 feels pretty damn quick when it kicks in.

no offense taken man... :wink: i've been taking it into account and not pounding it too much, but sometimes you just have to, y'know? :malebitchslap: safety precautions (boost gauge, i/c, etc) are the first things i'm planning for the car!