HybridZ

Q's about 85 300z hybrid

Is the '85 300z n/a automatic a good way to go to convert? Is there any particular year/model to go with? I know the 70-72 means no emissions and it's lighter, but is there any thing particularly wrong with the '85 model? And how hard would it be to go to a manual tranny? I know I should buy the JTR conv. manual but it's just the beginnings of my desire to go sbc so don't want to spend that money yet...

Thanks!

Oh yeah, don't even have the car yet, it runs good, body is fine, what's a reasonable price?

Guest Anonymous

You can put a v-8 on a go cart with some vision. I have seen a pick on z31.com of a V-8 conversion. It was a chevy tune port injection, not sure of the tranny. The engine look like it fit very well within the engine compartment. I am looking foward to placeing one in mine within a year. just to do it. I hope more people post thier experiences on here. Thanks.

Guest Anonymous

what color was the v8 300zx you saw on z31.com? there was this guy on there a while back with the name shane, and he had a red 86? z31 with a carbureted 350. supposedly ran 12's or 11's. you can go to the message board, and search for his name, maybe find out more info.

Guest Darthmentos

Steve is the car's owner and financier. i have just offered my skills and parts connections to bring the pieces together.

It's an 86 N/A 5 speed car. The engine and transmission are mine. Have already located engine/transmission ( 305 V8 and T5 transmission)to place in it. I have a junk camaro which we will probably saw the mounts out of and weld to the Z's psuedo frame. We'll post pics are the project progresses.