HybridZ

GNZ build - update #1

CruxGNZ

Guest 240Zduz10s

so uhhh...

what happend to the z scottie..??

please dont tell me you swung it into the wall on your way to a 9 second pass.. :(

A 9-sec pass was just not to be, I guess. Car ran quicker in the 2nd 1/8-mile at SEZ but could not get it to hook to run a 9. I just was not willing to turn up the boost more and risk blowing something up for a 9-sec timeslip. I do not have a 9-sec timeslip but I know the car was quite capable. I just was not obsessed with it as others. This engine has served me well for 4.5 yrs and hundreds of passes (at least 100 10-sec passes). How's that for reliability and it does not even have forged pistons? As I read all those posts about reliable 500hp L28ET, I snicker and keep saying my Hail Marys, but also relish in my choice of engine for BIG HP.

As for the Z, it no longer exists. Every part that could be removed (and some that was not meant to be removed :D ) is now in the possesion of other Z owners. Folks either did not understand or appreciate what was in that car or just did not have the funds. I still got what I was looking by parting it out and the biggest "gain" was knowing that I built it. I was not going to sell it to just any Zer and I hate dealing with tire-kickers and curiosity-seekers. Besides, once the F&R suspension was pulled it really was of no use to the average Zer.

Let it R.I.P., err PIECES :D :D

Mat, YOU ARE OBLIGATED to bringing your GNZ to the Reynolds BOP in November. Mike and I are planning to bring together the mad scientists again like at BG.

Mat, YOU ARE OBLIGATED[/b'] to bringing your GNZ to the Reynolds BOP in November. Mike and I are planning to bring together the mad scientists again like at BG.

Oh boy, I hope everthing works out for me. When is the next SEZS? I think I might be making 2 trips down there this year!

!M!