HybridZ

Boost spiking!!!

Guest Cronic

Guest Cronic

This is driving me nuts... no matter what boost I set my Profec at, it will always drop down to 15psi. This is driving me insane as the car RIPS through the gears until about 3000rpm, when the boost fades down to 15 and im slow again.... Any ideas?

Does the Profec have an overboost safety setting? My Hks EVC IV has this - whenever this setting is exceeded, it returns to the stock boost setting. Every time I up the boost setting, I have to make sure that the overboost sfety limit is set accordingly - 22 to 11 psi really feels like falling on your face... :shock:

Guest Cronic

Yes there is an overboost setting, but it doens't have any way to set what over boost is.... so I dont know how I would go about doing this. Perhaps I should just set it to "not" check for overboost? I thought about this before but dont have the instruction manual. I have to look up the specs online.

Hey chronic,

Ive been having some issues with my profec b spec2 also. I had been getting a large spike and the functions (set, gain, set gain, etc) didnt seem to work properly.

I think that possibly this was due to my wastegate hole (internal), which i ported from 7/8 to 1.25" this weekend and also smoothed out the casting inside flowing to the hole. So im hoping this will solve it. Im heading out right now to do some testing. Im gonna write a post about my findings later on tongiht if they are good. :)

-Austin

Guest Cronic

welp, I switched around every vac line I have, and moved the profec's source of boost to the manifold instead of the wastegate. Only difference is now boost comes on fast and hard, very hard. Damn car goes sideways from a roll in 2nd!

However... it quickly stops because boost drops down to 15psi STILL!!! I've done everything I can think of... I think it's time to save up for another EBC.