HybridZ

Am I on the right track

Guest znow white

Guest znow white

My turbo project is starting to roll a little faster still awaiting my shell though (in a week I should be getting it) I had a local high school strip my 280zxt I got everything ready for me at the school. Tommorow I should be picking up the engine, the differential and half shafts.

what I have taken so far is

ecu

efi harness

fuel pump

coil

afm

oil cooler

am I missing anything here just to get it running? I also have a box full of misc parts. like dist, alternator etc its going into a 76 280z I dont have to do emissions so IM getting rid of allot of crap.

When you grabbed the injection harness, did you get the two relays that were plugged into it? (efi and fuel pump relays) There are also three plugs on the injection harness that form the link to the main harness. It might be a idea to cut the opposing sides of those plugs off the main harness to give you something to work with without having to cut into the injection harness. You said you wanted to cut out the emmision crap so I dunno if you want to take the VCM (vacuum control module) it controls the EGR (emmision crap) but it also runs the AAC (idle control) Alot of people don't run them but just a thought. If you have a oil cooler I assume that the zx was a automatic. You'll have to remove the spacer from the end of the crankshaft and install a pilot bushing before you put on a standard flywheel.

Guest znow white

i got the fuel pump relay still attached to the harness but I dont know about the other (efi relay?) anyone got a pic? yes it is an automatic where can i get a pilot bushing? is there anything else I maybe missing.

Thanks

Hussein