HybridZ

LS1/T56 package into 89 240sx.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by 240sx:

I just found a problem.

Unlike the Z and the Rx7, the SX has the steering column right under the strut tower (few inches BEHIND the front axle line). This might cause a fitment problem. Does anyone have picture of the LS1 F-body from the underneath?

I will need a lot of information before making up my mind that this is the swap to do. Where else will I be able to find this information?

quote:

Originally posted by FAIRLADY 327:

that 240sx v8 swap is a pretty cool idea i think, its got a tough rear, looks cool, and its rwd! whats not to like. i think you should do it, im trying to get my buddy out here to do it, but he is a scardy cat....

do it. tire spin is something we all have to live with, just learn to like it
:cool:

The LT1 fits with no problem. The steering column is literally 2 inghes from the headers.

On an LS1, the block is 1.37 inches wider, and will pose a large problem to you. To put the LS1 in, you will most likely have to relocate/reroute your steering column by about 1-1.5 inches.

Guest LT-1 350Z

i have a 90 240sx with a blown engine and 2 extra lt-1 and t5 from a z28.i was thinking of the swap and i dont see space for the oil pan unless a 4wd oil pan is used.any progress with the swap post it so we can share.

• 5 years later...
Guest jucieyrat

i have had may a s 13s and 14s your best bet i think is to stick with the twin turbo z 32 rear end it also has a rear vech speed sens in it i had one in my 550 whp 13 with a 6 speed 15 tranny it was the bomb for gas when the motor was mild all the way till i had a big boostin sr 2.2L in it.......... great on the freeway and the strip and it is use to pushin a car that is almost dubble the weight look into in it almost drops right in and cheep as hell