HybridZ

Apartment fiasco

JoeinCA

I would really appreciate any advice you all may have on this.

I moved out of my apartment at Sterling University Lodge at the end of March. I paid them one months rent and a $400 fee. The terms of the contract i signed states that i am responsible for rent if i move out before my lease is up, unless another renter assumes the lease, or signs a new lease on the apartment. I was told 3 separate times by 3 separate people that my apartment had been occupied the day after i cleaned up and moved out. I was told that i would be recieving a rebate for the months rent that i paid in 4-6 weeks. I went back in there early last week, and i was presented with a bill for $912 in back rent. I had not been contacted even one single time since i moved out. they had the correct forwarding address and they had my phone number. They told me the apartment was rented, then they try to charge me for back rent! They told me that they would call me as soon as they got the issue straightened out. I have yet to recieve a call, so i plan on going in there again tomorrow. I plan to tell them that if i don't recieve my $350 rent with interest, and have the debt cleared, then they will see me in court and will have to explain how very sorry they are for their mistake to a judge.

Any advice? Opinions?

Thank you for your time,

Joe

I got lucky on the transmission, I pulled the pump in a way that would make my old Drivetrain teacher cringe.... and found the check ball sitting in plain view. I was able to retrieve it with relative ease. And I even had a new gasket for the pump! So all i had to do was fiddle with the input drum and some other thing that i have forgotten the name of, to get the clutch splines to line up, with the tranny on it's side. so all in all, it only took about an hour to fix..

Then i came home, i figured that it would be best to not push my luck.

2:29 am... almost time to go to bed...

Joe

With the rent thing. I think that checking with the state you are in is a good thing to consider. I believe in some states if the rentee doesn't give the renter his/her deposit or funds back within 30 days then they have to pay double. I believe it is this way in Cali and Mass. You should be able to find renters information online. You might just have to take them to court though. Some people are just that mean.

Good luck

I am about to go over there and see what is up. I think in Wyoming the law states that they have 2 months to get me my check.

philiow313

I moved to Wyoming for school, I will go back to California asap. :-)

thanks,

Joe