HybridZ

Hidden Treasure

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Every time I get my car... you know... RUNNING :D and relatively problem free... I go back to thinking that "geez, there's this perfectly good intercooler just sitting in my living room gathering dust... now how can I put it to good use?" and start to ponder getting it installed.

Up til now I figured my options were really only a few, either pay some place to do custom piping, or try to buy bits of piping myself or like a full kit like what's been selling on Ebay lately

And then I figured... you know, I've got like... two spare J-pipes lying around (I keep them on hand because you know... they fail all the damn time :P ) and I"ve also got some pipes and couplers that Tim240z gave me along with the I/C when he sold that to me... I believe they were originally out of an Eclipse (the I/C is from a Buick GN) which originally I had almost turned down but now I'm glad I didn't. Amongst the four or five pipes would probably be almost everything I need, minus the silicone couplers and clamps, and maybe one or two longer sections of straight pipe. There are like 8 or so mandrel bends ranging from 45* to 180* amongst the lot, and they are all the same diameter as the stock J-pipe... so with some well thought out cutting, I may have just found my perfect solution to quickly and VERY cheaply get my I/C installed. I gotta get the stuff up stairs and have another good look... maybe take a pic of all of them and see if you guys can help me figure out what parts I should use for what.

A nice little discovery :D

Hey, I bought one of the ebay pipe kits and I have a bit of it left over...it is 2.5" OD and stainless but if you think you need any of it let me know. I think I have a straight, a 90, and a 45 all with about 6"-10" on either side of the bend. I also have a few 2.5" silicone mesh couplings. I you may be able to at least do part of it with 2.5" and just get a reducer to 2" for the other parts temporarily.

Dave.