HybridZ

Compressor Setup HELP

ToplessZ

Ok guys I have a couple dumb electrical questions. My compressor motor Campbell hausfield says 230 volts only can I still plug this in to a standard 220 or 240 volt circut? If so do I need to install a heavy duty receptical such as one for a dryer or will the one I have for the 220 volt air conditioner work? I need to get this thing hooked up asap got a few things to do before car goes to the body shop. Hope you guys can help. Also what filter and regulator setup are you guys using?

yes, the standard 220-240volt setup will work. As far as the actual electrical outlet, you need to know how many amps are going to be drawn by your compressor(should say on a tag on the compressor motor) and then compare your receptical to see if its rated for the same or higher. If you're unsure of the amp. limitations of your receptical, goto the hardware store and compare. I used a 30amp setup on mine, but I also use it for other items as well (like my powdercoating oven), so I was in need of a high amp handling outlet. FWIW, my 6.5hp compressor has a rating of 15amps. So depending on the size of your's, I'd go with a 20amp outlet and 20 amp breaker