HybridZ

Hello... few questions

Guest Hallowed

Guest Hallowed

Hi guys (and gals if any).

I just got a 240Z last month and I'm slowly reviving it into a streetcar that I can take to an autox on occasion.

I pulled the L24 since its only firing on 3 cylinders and now that I have the engine bay and interior gutted, I was wondering at the best way to remove all the rust + paint + corrosion and etching.

I've heard of acid-dipping the body on a rotisserie and media blasting (walnut shells instead of sand)... both of which are nicer to the metal than sandblasting or so I hear.

If anyone can give me ballpark figures for the cost of the recommended method I'd be grateful.

If its useful, the only -bad- rust spots I know of are on a small bit of an underside frame rail, a bit on the front fenders, and a hole where battery acid had eaten through the batt-tray and the fender underneath. :(

Anyway, not trying to talk your ears off. Found this place from a link to the 450Z.

-Phill

Welcome Hallowed, the search function on this site is the first thing we ask ALL new members here, so take offence.

If you can not find a answer to a specific question, we would be happy to try to answer it if you will post it!

Mark

Welcome Hallowed' date=' the search function on this site is the first thing we ask ALL new members here, so take offence.

If you can not find a answer to a specific question, we would be happy to try to answer it if you will post it!

Mark[/quote']

I think you meant take no offense, but maybe your original quote should be a " sticky ". :D

LARRY