HybridZ

Dan Juday... please respond :)

JaysZ

I'm sorry.. but I have been thinking and thinking about ideas and your setup is the hottest I can think of. As much as I want to be original, I cant think of anything nicer. I've already decided on the YZ rear and Subtle Z front long ago so I dont want you to think I am totally copying your style. I guess, since I am just now aware of your creation and you did it first, my question is, would you be mad if I did the 300zx tail light conversion as well? if i were to do a tail light conversion i would like it to be in the Z family of cars and the 300zx is the only other one that looks good to me. Another option was the JDM 180SX lights which will run me approx $500.. way more than the 300ZX lights would be. What do you think? the color and rim choice are going to be totally different, along with a few other distinctions. Thanks,

Jay.

• 1 month later...

Hey Jay, go for it!

Wouldn't bother me at all. Sincerest form of flattery and all that rot.

In fact do a better job than I did. In the end I had to completely redesign the rear end from the hatch down for the lights to fit right. If I were to do it again I would make the rearend longer, integrate a bumper or a bumper like shape. Kind of like the Z32 rearend. The worst veiw of my car is a direct side shot. The wide body makes the back side look stubby.

Others are currently working on their own SubtleZ/280YZ combos. I get e-mails every now and then asking for advice. I know I'm not the first to get the idea. Just the first to finish it.

Others are also working on the Z32 taillight swap too. Considering how much work it is I'd say go for the 180SX lights. I don't know anybody doing that. I looked at them. They have a lot more curve in them. It might just be the perfect match because you would really need to extend the rear to blend them in right.

Good luck Jay. :2thumbs: