HybridZ

Newby questions!

I've taken the plunge and I've started on a 74 260Z. I'm still reading the JTR manual but I have started some work and aquisitions already. I've bought the recommended stock cast exhaust manifolds and a machinist nephew is doing all the mounts and brackets for me. The manual covers a lot of stuff but I still have lots of questions. Any help would be really appreciated.

What 5 speeds are available? The manual mentions S10 transmissons(4.3). Is anyone using that.

What about the clutch master cylinder. The manual mentions a specific one. Does anyone know where I can get one or one similar. All I have here is NAPA.

I have more questions but I need to read more just in case my questions are already covered. My conversion is low budjet and the engine will use old tech. I have 194 double hump heads and I will probably go with flat top pistons for more compression on my 4 bolt block. I'll probably use a stock cam or something very mild from Cranes econo cams and the smallest 4 barrel carb I can find. Carefree cruising is my main objective.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Louie.

Guest Anonymous

Louie .. to partially answer one of your econo build questions. There maybe an adequete Nissan/Datsun 15/16 bore clutch master cylinder that some JTR manuals ommitted. Someone else may direct you on this. Various Transmissions have supporters but a 5 speed with internal linkage would be your best bet. A 200R differential up grade would be of benfit. Some heavy duty speciality brake discs and rear shoes for the oem Z brakes will get you buy..A few bushing replacements here and there on the suspension with some gas charged struts if needed