HybridZ

password finally worked(got a few questions)

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Randy79 280ZX8:

The part number for the Hooker headers is #2147 just got them for my 79 ZX the driver side is 2 piece comes apart to install dont see any problems with it, and i have the Scarab type engine placement.

Randy, what size tubes are they? hugger/full length and where is your engine? (I know you said scarab but I don't know where that is in a ZX) mounts straight on your Xmember just shimmed up to clear pan?

thanks

Guest Anonymous

i would like to thank everyone about all there help, i now have a huge $88.00 budget(that will get me the JTR book) but, i am playing with the interoir right now, my dad works at a car dealership(they sell caddy, BMW, Mercades-Benz, and Volvo, oh yeah and mazda) but i have one caddy speaker(bose 6x9) and i'm lookin for another up at my dads work, i'm gonna build a box for them and set them in the rear floor board at an angle. thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rick Johnson

I noticed a lot of discussion on the 700/r4. Although I used this trans in my 383 V8 240, if I had it to do again, I would use the 200R4. Not only is it smaller, and much lighter, it has a 2.74 first gear rather than a 3.06. Even with a 3.54 rear gear ratio, the 3.06 is overkill with a torquey V8 in such a light car. As far durability goes, I have a Pontiac buddy with over 500 HP in his 4000 pound GTO who uses a 200R4 with great results. And remember, trans life is related to the weight of the vehicle being propelled along with the torque being applied.

Rick, thanks for joining in. I see you work for Nissan-usa as an engineer and love V8Zcars. Any chance you can get them to put some cubes that rev in that new Z? wink.gif

Welcome! Tell us about your car! (in a new thread)

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@home.com">pparaska@home.com -

Guest Anonymous

What I wonder is the difference in power required to drive a 700r vs 200r auto. Parasitic lose in the older Turbohydro 400 was approx. 40 more horsepower to run than the TH350. I wonder if it would be similar? (could be wrong here, so please 700r/4 people don't lose your mind on me here, I'm thinking out loud... smile.gif).

Curious,

Lone