HybridZ

350Z Daytona Blue paint code

Drftn280zxt

Guest JAMIE T

Go to your local auto paint supplier(to the trade) and they can get you set-up with the proper code. Just ask them to let you see the color chart of new Nissans.

I guess this was a stupid question. I can just ask the parts guy at my dealership. I work for one of the Nissan dealerships here in town. Thought I'd ask here first though cause maybe someone has already painted their 280ZX this color, and that way I could see how it looks.

Sir Daniel,

The blue on your Z looks very similar to Daytona blue. You've seen my design drawings. Do you think that with car Daytona blue the hood will look really "racey" black with the special stripe I've created. I may have found a guy that can paint my car for fairly cheap like the design until later (6 years or so) I can have the radical body work done. Good Idea since my current paint is oxidized and peeling away. It'd look better than it does now thats for sure. Plus he said he'd remove all the dents!

Also Daniel, what kind of muffler are you running. Looks similar to mine. I've got an APEXi N-1 Turbo muffler (aka rice/bumblebee muffler).

Cool I love that sparkle much nicer than flat color, its hard to tell from a distance though if its there. At least I know now that I'll get the paint I want. The paint guy is gonna come in next tuesday and give me a quote. Hope for the best. I'd like new paint job. Thinking about if he does gives me a good qoute, that I'll cut the vents in lower portion of the hood like my design shows. After painting I'll attach silver mesh, of course this is only if I get a good quote.

i'm using a otto racing muffler, i bought it from http://www.procarparts.com (very cheap and sounds lovely)

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=UNFB03%2D5614MFX

last spring/summer i build a new exhaustsystem for the car, 2,5" from after the intake (?, not quite shore what it's called) one smaller muffer under the car and the otto muffler at the end... sound very nice, sounds even better now that i have changed my airfilter into a "racing one"