HybridZ

New with a question, y'all.

Guest 2slo4u

Guest 2slo4u

Hi, everyone. I'm new here :-D and hope to learn a lot :shock: from chatting with y'all on this wicked web site. Even the logo on the opening page is awesome.

I'm Brian and currently own an 81zxturbo totally stock. I've owned a 79zx, 81turbozx, and 83 turbo 2+2 in the past and these cars are my favorite ride bar none. Sure it would be nice to own a $250,000 italian supercar but for the price and the style, I prefer the z cars. It always seems people have been impressed with my z cars and that's cool. They've always been stock though and with my current one I want to push it a little bit and convert to the z31 ecu, mas, and 82turbo distributor with 300zx trigger wheel. I am aware that responding to the same topic over and over can get old for those pros who have been there and done that, but I can't seem to find any visual or literal help on this forum beyond questions and some referrals to other pages. (They seem to all be expired and my slow telephone line takes forever)

Thanks for your time. Hope to chat more later.

Brian aka 2slo4u

Guest 2slo4u

Yeah, after combing through hundreds of other posts to find something concerning fuel management, ignition, or the six cylinder section, someone at zcar.com sent me a reply and referred me to the turbo section. :oops: Oops, just looking in all the wrong places.

Think I got it down now thanks to the poster of that very helpful article. :idea: I think I can complete the entire operation in about an hour and a half when I get the ecu, oil pump shaft, mas and distributor disc. I already have the 83zxt distributor but it won't bolt in with my current pump shaft.

This is a great site. I've read so many interesting posts today and plan on checking it out regularly. I'll let everyone know when I complete the swap.

-still don't know if my new stock injectors will be compatible

-still don't know if any tuning will be required? heard no mention of this

-guess I'll just make sure to keep the 280zx ecu, etc.. just in case this does not work correctly