HybridZ

got a small NPR IC today, time for IC test #2

I saw a place was parting an NPR in the paper and went to check it out. Picked up the small NPR IC for $40. I am going to put it in to replace my saab 9000 IC and run pressure drop and cooling tests again using MSnS. This one measures about 19" wide, 9" tall and 2" thick. I believe this is the smallest of the NPR intercoolers that people typically use so it will be interesting to test it against the saab IC. More to follow.

OOh, very interested in this one Moby! Can you post a side by side comparison with the SAAB one when you have the NPR data? Thanks!

PS: If I was even close I'd get together with you and install my big NPR as well and test that too. Anyone else in your area with a turbo Z & piping that you can do tests on as well?

For the first test I only used 10psi because I was comparing to no intercooler. But now that I am comparing intercoolers I will probably do 10,12,14psi, but remember that is at 6400" altitude which is 3psi less than sea level for absolute pressure. But anyway these are just for fun tests and maybe they will contain some useable info.

The bad news is that I bent my clutch fork today so now I have to pull the tranny again so don't hold your breath for this test. I am also changing from 3.7 gears to 3.54.

Guest Loose_Screws

Moby, I picked up a large NPR (new) from my dad's shop. After doing a little measuring, I really didn't see a way to it in the 280. It was a really nice unit though!

Around what size is the NPR you have?

19" wide, 9" tall and 2" thick

It looks like all of them are the same width and thickness, just different heights?

It looks like a tight fit around the radiator, may have to put it out in front of the radiator farther.