HybridZ

Please help me ID these bumpers

Guest 305240

Guest 305240

I have two front bumpers. Both look the same but are different. They both look like 240 bumpers. The main difference I can see is placement of the license plate brackets. one is off to the left, while the other is dead center. The other difference is in the mounting tabs welded in behind the bumper. The one with the center tag tabe have stuff welded in. The other doesn't. Could anyone tell me which is which? The chinsey one a 70-72 and the one with the tabs a 73 240?

Im gona say the one with the 'tabs' in the center is a 70-72. Thats what I have for a bumper, and I got mine from a 72' parts car.... come to think of it, the bumper had yellow writing on it in behind (the stuf scrap yards use to mark parts with) that said '72 240Z'. Also, my original 75 had the plate bolt holes offset to the side of the bumper, so maybe they moved it to the side in 73, and kept it there even after the bigger bumpers came in. Hope this helps. :)

Guest 305240

Hmmm, I think you may be right. I was going to use the one with the offset tabs, but I think I can mount the other one with the center tabs easier. Plus, I won't have to get it rechromed.