HybridZ

Z31 hubs and coilovers

Not sure about the back spacing of these wheels.

I will be doing the same as far as the 5 lug swap and don`t have coil overs either.

I have a set of the for mentioned wheels avalible to me, just need to finish the swap and ck things out.

Yes - With coilovers and Z31 hubs, Z32 16x7.5 wheels fit very well. I run that setup on my car. If you are using 87-89 hubs, they are a little different backspacing due to the slip-on rotor design. I have a set, but I haven't tried them yet. On the rear, you will need a wheel spacer to match up the track width to the front, as the rear hub will sit in very close to 1 inch compared to the front (depending on the thickness of your brake drum or disc flange. I use a bolt-on 5 lug to 5 lug adapter, which also has a mount for my Wilwood brake rotor. Overall, I'm very happy with the 5 lug/coilover combination.

Z31 wheels have a different offset (around +28- +30) They will need a spacer on the front to clear a stock spring. I'm not sure how wide the spacer will need to be on the rear, easiest way to work out the spacing is to get the hub drilled, and then shim the wheel out with thick washers on the lugs, to determine the width of your required spacer. I set up my car to accept the Z32 wheels because a wheel with that offset is very common in the aftermarket (FWD offset, Mustang, ETC), where a Z31 offset is more rare.

Doug

John - Sorry - I said 'yes' at the start of my post, but I mis-read your post. I had it in my head that you were going to coilovers. I think that you will need a spacer, but it won't be very thick. A slip-on one may do the trick.

Doug