HybridZ

My new inliner

Z Driver

Here's my second inline six car in my stable. It's a 1996 BMW M3 5 speed. The car was my stepmom's and was given to me as my graduation present. It only has 40K and was purchased new by my family. It's never been abused which is rare for an M. It drives so nicely, but just doesn't have something that my Z has...

M3%20front.JPG

M3%20back.JPG

Those things are so beautiful. My three favorite BMWs are those, the E30 M3s, and the M1. Such wonderful cars. I'd love to have an E30 M3 with one of the newer straight 6s in it. One can get some pretty good results out of those engines. Nice car, man. Have fun with it. :twisted:

Guest RCNSC

You sure its an M? Doesn't look like you've got M seats. Got any engine/gauge cluster/ better seat pics? Looks like a kitted up 318/325/328, identical to my friends.

Guest RCNSC
It drives so nicely' date=' but just doesn't have something that my Z has...[/quote']

Please, pray tell, what does a 1980 280ZX have that an E46 M3 does not? Only thing I can think of is that the M3 is automatic.

The one posted above is an E36 BTW. ('95-'99 US, '94-99 Euro)

Guest bastaad525
It drives so nicely' date=' but just doesn't have something that my Z has...

[/quote']

The smell of exhaust/fuel/burning oil? Or the shimmy shimmy shake and flex of a 30 year old frame? :D

LOL, yeah, it doesn't have the exhaust fumes, but I just tell myself they add character. It is just misssing something. I get more looks in the Z too. When I step on the gas in the ZX, the engine just screams and it's so loud. The suspension and tires in the ZX are upgraded enough that it could possible hang with the stock M3, but the Z does it so much more harshly and feels more connected. In the M3, it's so smooth, the engine hardly makes any nosie, and it revs so quickly through the range. The M3 steering is so much lighter and quicker and the ride is so much tamer, yet is still handles as well or better. The M3 gearing is also so short, the fifth gear ratio is 1:1. Modern cars just drive so differently than my older cars. It's definately an M, I have the window sticker in the glove box to prove it. I'll post an engine pic in a bit too since I did post about the car being an inline 6, lol.