HybridZ

280ZXT T-5

evildky

ok I searched and could not find what I wanted to know, the 208ZXT T-5 is application specific but I wanted to upgrade to a 3310 U-joint, will the output yoke from any T-5 slip in? I have the diff adapter and can get a used aluminum mustang driveshaft with T-5 slip yoke and have a guy that can shorten it, but will the yoke on the drive shaft slip into the datsun T-5?

The Nissan T-5 uses a unique spline on the slide yoke. I recently had a custom driveline built for my 77 280z and was able to find a 3310 rear flange, but the front slide yoke was only available with the standard size u-joints.

If you are having a driveline built, my advice would be to use the Nissan OEM u-joints and reduce the end play down to 1/4 inch. Most driveline shops will tell you you need 3/4-1" end play. This much end play is not required on a Z because the rear diff does not move. The advantage you get is having more of the slide yoke filled with the output shaft. I twisted a yoke because I had nearly an inch of end play. The Nissan u-joint bent, but did not break which is a testament to high quality in my opinion.