HybridZ

Bright idea! Not. GGGrrrrrrrr

Guest 305240

Guest 305240

I was looking thru the latest issue of Jcwhitney and saw this peel and stick, or static cling window tint. For 40 bucks I could get enough to do 2 of my cars. The wife and I did her 300zx first. We had to take the hatch off to get it to set right. It took us almost all day to do the back, rear quarters and T tops. The next day, the stuff we put on the back window was lying in a crumpled mess on the carpet. The wife got pi$$ed, and said, that's it! I'm getting rear louvers!

Before you get louvres take it to a shop and have the hatch tinted. I had louvres on a 260 back in the 80s and they sucked. They were always rattling, blocked my vision and in the winter filled up with snow. Exhaust all other alternatives before getting louvres.

BTW: Is it louvres or louvers?

Wheelman

Hows the 302 project coming?

Guest 305240

lol, so my spelling vacumes. Never claimed to be an inestien. or whoever. I'm still upset about that junk. I've got the aluminum ones on my turbo and love them. I was thinking of the ABS ones, but someone said they warp. Plus, I like the looks of them. But, I may have to do the spray on stuff.

The 302 project got put on hold. We are getting ready for the car show. I got 2 going.

Guest 305240

I know my spelling is attroucious. Believe it or not, I'm also a writer. I have to have tons of help repairing the damage I do to the english sentencing srtucture.

Can anyone comment on the ABS louvers?

Don't do it man....louvers definately not for me....YUK!!!

My ZXT had them when I bought my car many moons ago and they were black aluminum and due to the extra weight of them, they would also kill the hatch struts prematurely.....did I mention they make the car look ugly!

I took them off, threw them away and the hatch that has to be drilled (!!) and went to the scrap yard got a clean unmolested hatch and glass for $25 and tinted the entire car professionally.

It camw out like this:

24625288.jpg

I know you must be frustrated after your endeavours and it sucks when you try to save a buck and you end up spending two or three.

Well good luck!

Regards - Yasin