HybridZ

'81 Kawa GPz1100.

Bluto

No pics yet but...

I picked up a new bike and was wondering if

anyone was familiar with the heritage of these bikes?

I have found some info on the net but its been limited.

So whats the dirt? Im sure someone here has some experience with these bikes.

Befor anyone asks, it doesnt have the original fuel injected motor but I do still have all the fi equipment and throttle bodies, there is currently an

ltd 1000 motor powering the bike.

Thanks, Sam

I had a bike from the same family - GPz 750 turbo. Same as all Kawa's of that vintage - Great engine - but the bike was heavy and clumsy. Narrow rear tire for the power -Frightening in the corners as the boost was somewhat unpredicable - very easy to have it come up and push the bike wide or spin the tire. I'm sure that the 1100 it will be a fun toy though.

The EFI system was very good for that time.

Doug

Ahh, thats cool, the turbo bikes seem pretty wild. I dont think its stock but there was kz1300 with a turbo on ebay.. pretty wild stuff.

As the tire spinning scary corner stuff, my other bike is a 81 GS650 and the first time I opened up a little bit comig out of a corner I got a little surpise called low end torque.. It was the first we had proerly met lol

Little bit of a butt pucker'n experience, having the rear end walk out on me a few inches..

Was the 750 efi also? the afm on mine is nearly identical to the stock one on the Z, pretty wild stuff.

Sam