HybridZ

Update: 3cyl Accord K.I.A. (drive safe)

I posted a message during this winter about having to remove a piston from a friends 1990 Honda Accord (bad crank journal). I removed the piston/rod combo, removed the rocker arms, unhooked the injector and connected a old L28 injector to the harness, (keeps the check engine light off) and placed a hose calmp over the crank journal to keep from loosing too much oil pressure. I also removed the spark plug wire going to that cylinder. Well he put about 10,000 or more miles on this "little 3-cylinder that could".

He was saving-up to get a VTEC motor swap. Well yesterday he let a 16yo friend drive the car (Owner is 21yo) and this guy wiped-out and went into a ditch and hit a driveway drain, went into the air and took out the top half of a 5ft wood fence, cleared the lower half. They landed in a cow pasture and ran over and destorying the "Yellow top" "optima" battery that somehow left the engine. Everyone is OK but the car is totaled.

Moral of story: Even a weak 3 cylinder Accord can catch-air at the hands of a teenager whom doesn't respect it. Drive Safe

Jason

PS: I alway thought that the crank breaking in half would end the life of the motor, guess not.