HybridZ

Paint shop in or around Atl.

Guest Paul Johnson

Guest Paul Johnson

Hi, looking for a paint shop in or around Atlanta to paint my 73 240z. I've had terrible luck finding some to do this for me. Two places has already kept my car for four months each and did NOTHING to my car. Body work is done, all I need is someone to spray the base coat and the clear coat. I picked the chrome silver color off the 2004 350z for my color. Let me know if any one out there knows of someone GOOD!!!!!! Thanks

Paul,

If you don't mind driveing up to Knoxville, I'd recomend Daniel Kerbo at Kerbo's Kustom Klassics. He is one of the best paint and body men in the Southeast. Used to work for Larry Griffey who does a lot of Hot Rods for the heavy hitters. He likes to do small jobs between the long term project cars. 865-687-9122

Silver is a hard color to paint without getting light and dark spots in it.

Adios Amigos,

Atlanta Road Paint & Body in Smyrna does pretty much anything for money and pretty competently too. Advanced Paint & Body in Holly Springs did a great job on my last 240Z race car and a few insurance jobs since.

Now if you're after the $6000 show car paint job I can point you to somebody for that too, but is the reason your car sat for months at two different shops because you were getting a "deal" on the price?

Guest Paul Johnson

Hi, Thanks for the information. Capt Zorro your right about silver being hard to spray, Thats why I'm wanting it painted in the first place the last silver paint job looked like a zebra it had so many dark and light lines in it. And to answer your question katman the last place it sat for a while was a friend cutting me a "Deal" so I can't be upset with him, I know he has to make his money on other stuff, but 4 months!! The first place was going to charge me 5500.00 for soda blasting, body work (light), paint, And buffing. Well they did all that and the body work was great and the soda blast was worth the 800.00 but all that work wasted on a crappy painter. It was 475.00 alone for the paint and clearcoat, And then this guy screws it up in the final stage. Well, no biggey I will just get this place to do spray it over right? WRONG they closed their doors for good . I was the last car they ever painted. So, I'm just going to look around and listen to some peaple that can point me in the right direction. Thanks :wink: