HybridZ

Swapping in a 350 on a budget...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've been thinking about doing this for a long time now! I just got in an accident a few weeks ago and it was not my fault. I'll be getting a settlement, and I think nows the time to really be researching this. My questions are:

What would be a decient setup for a good price?

Would I have to reinforce the car at all?

Suspension?

I dont have the resources to do the swap myself, are there any shops in the San Fran bay area that do these swaps? Costs?

How much do you think the project would be total including suspension, reinforcement(if needed), motor, tranny, and everything else, plus labor?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

If you dont have the facilities to do the conversion yourself, buying one would be cheaper for you. There were a couple of good bargains here a couple of weeks ago all under $5k. From there you can tweek it or just use it. Try this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874103315 I dont know if he sold it or not but he is a member here.

I always hate to refer people to the archives but this one has been discussed numerous times and a lot of good advice is in the old discussions.

I think the general concensus is most people are not willing to pay what it would cost a good shop to do this work. Likewise, most shops won't do it for the same reason.

But if you are patient, deals come up all the time on converted Z's.

And the answer to most of your questions is "yes".

Guest Anonymous

When V8 Z swapping very few can hold it to a budget even when doing all the work themselves. Buy a running V8 hybrid then break the bank and budget at your leisure.It would be fair to report that this is the consensus to this often posted question.