HybridZ

Nissan Endurance Swap...

Guest butlersZ

Guest butlersZ

A fellow Z'er friend of mine just wrecked his Nissan Titan pickup and was considering using the v8 for a Z swap. He wants to know if anyone has the engine specs on it such as bore,stroke,cam,etc. We know the horsepower and torque ratings but he wants to "know" the engine. I think he would be the first to do the swap or am I wrong? All accessories and unneccessary parts will be taken off the motor in effort to clean it up. Also does anyone know if there are any performance aftermarket parts out for it yet? I have searched somewhat and have found nothing yet. A cam would be great to shift up the powerband and get some more power out of the engine. He has the 5-speed automatic in his truck which he would have to use unless there is another tranny that will bolt up. The 5-speed having a low first gear and a nice overdrive would make for good acceleration and nice cruising/top speed :D Anyone know how much power the 5-speed tranny is capable of handling? We have the engine,the transmission, and the car. If we do the swap I will make sure and post many pics. Today I will go on down to the Nissan dealership and see what info I can get on the engine/trans and such.

Anyone have any feedback on this swap?

New Titan owner here.

A quick search on titantalk.com came up with this article about the VK56:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3012/is_7_183/ai_105659479

That article has bore, stroke, and CR numbers. I haven't found anything about the cam profiles yet.

A cam would be great to shift up the powerband and get some more power out of the engine.

I think you mean 4 cams :wink:

As far as aftermarket parts go, the most I've seen is headers and intakes, which probably won't be very useful in a swap. The QX56 is rated at an extra 10hp/11lb-ft, so there might be something there worth investigating. :?: Some VK45 parts might swap over to your benefit. :?:

• 1 year later...