HybridZ

Chopped Camaro rear spoiler (pics)

Z-TARD

Not quite finished yet, but here are some pics of the initial fitup after sectioning/glassing/filling the ends of an early 80's camaro spoiler.

index.cfm?p=gi&i=8137&r=2965&t=reg

index.cfm?p=gi&i=8138&r=5946&t=reg

And to answer your question: Yes, the duct tape is permanent. It is a safety feature designed to let the spoiler shear off in the event of too much down force :D

Mike

Heh Heh, the eclipse wheels are on there because I was too cheap to buy new tires for my eclipse, so it got my Z's wheels and tires. If you look closely, you can just baaaaarely see them in the background. Eventually I'm going to get some 17 or 18x10.5 mustang wheels on the back end, with some 9's in the front. Not sure what I'm doing for the front end yet as far as bodywork, something more radical for sure. I'm not really finding any airdams that I like, and I do have a few rolls of heavy glass cloth......

Mike

Guest butlersZ

The spoiler looks nice. I recently took a spoiler off a '74 Camaro that I'm going to modify to fit one of my Z's. I too am having the same issues with choosing an air dam, been considering trying to make my own. I'm new at the whole fiberglass fabrication thing. So far I've successfully repaired a friends air dam on his Z and have made a custom tail light panel that turned out pretty well.

I uses a 70s Trans Am Spoiler. The center section was a easy to fit and mold in. The ends are made of a plastic that is hard to get Bondo to stick too evan with roughing up the surface and drilling holes in it. I had to fiberglass them in after trimming and reshaping the ends. Hey I got it for $30 off of ebay and spent days doing the mod.