HybridZ

Active Duty Serviceman Defrauded By Mustang Shop in Arizona

JustAFantaZ

Not sure if this is the same " The Z Shop"...[url']http://www.zedshop.com/index.htm[/url]
No, thats not it. The Z Shop was operating in San Antonio in the '80's, but then they got on the evening news when a customer or acquaintance of Lee Sheets the owner blasted the place up with a shotgun. He survived that and the business stayed open, but later they changed the name to "Z-Car Center" and moved outside of the city limits, still within Bexar County though.

Shortly after I had finished spending thousands of dollars to get my inline-6 all fixed up, they went out of business. They hooked me into spending all that money with the promise my car would be fast. I wasn't too impressed with the performance for the money I paid, and then within a couple of months, the engine blew up. I said forget it, and my good friend mas28O showed me that a Chevy V-8 Z was possible and would give me the performance I was looking for with much less money spent.

If I had only known, I could have saved about $3500 for the big throat throttle body, the hand-ported head with shaved cam-followers, the bigger fuel injectors, the high-rev/no-torque cam, the manual 5-speed from a '77-'78 Z, the centerforce clutch assembly, the 6-into-2 long-tube header, the flowmaster muffler, all those U-joints and half shafts, etc., etc., and not to mention all that labor and extreme markup. They made a killing off me I'm sure. I must have been the source for many laughs there behind my back for being such a sucker back then.

I never took it to the track, but looking back at the performance, I don't think it was much better than 16 seconds in the 1/4. It was somewhere around 15.6-15.8 I'd guess. After he saw that I was disappointed in the performance, Lee Sheets was no longer my "friend" and refused to talk with me at all when I came in. Oh, but he got my minimum-wage money courtesy Long John Silver's over many many months. Of course this situation is nowhere near the fraud that was committed against ViperKiller Dave, the subject of this post.

I just read how it looks like Tom Thompson at AMP seems to be offering Dave his money back and core block IFF he can prove they owe him money. They don't believe they owe him anything and are basically daring him. They think that because he hasn't shown itemized proof yet that he can't prove it at all. I think he's just being very patient and detailed in his handling of the case. I'm expecting him to post up the proof, and then they will refuse to accept it. Oh well. That's what lawyers are for I guess. And yes, the only reason I can keep up with this is because I am a bored car enthusiast browsing car boards. :lol: