HybridZ

E- bay seller forgot to put the reserve price on this Z!!!!!

COZY Z COLE

About the sig, after they tell me about the Z just like mine, they can never give me a phone number or address. Seems it's always a number of years ago and the person has died or the car has. :shock: They always tell me it dyno'd 400 to 500 hp to the rear. Show me the" dyno sheet" :!: Which leads me to one other thing. I would rather have my car at a custom car show anyday than at a all datsun show. Custom car and " hot rod" owners appreciate hybrid Z cars and what you've done to them rather than most Datsun club members that I've been around.

Now back to e-bay!!!! :D

LARRY

Guest RCNSC

Well I mean Zs in general. Everyone knows someone that had one and is always willing to share. Its always in reference to a 280Z tho! which is why I bought a 240.

It gets annoying...

Them: "What kind of car do you have"

Me: "Datsun 240Z"

Them: "Oh, well my _______ had a 280Z"

Me: "thats cool, do they still have it?"

Them: "no.. it ______"

Me: (thinking why the f**k do I care?????)

Not many people know about the 240Z or 260 tho... I you'd have to have been interested/old enough in the early 70s. + they didn't make em for as long.

Guest HolyLlama
Which leads me to one other thing. I would rather have my car at a custom car show anyday than at a all datsun show. Custom car and " hot rod" owners appreciate hybrid Z cars and what you've done to them rather than most Datsun club members that I've been around.

Oh Jesus Christ, don't get me started on this. Try suggesting swapping a SB Ford into a 240sx on an import forum. 70% of the replyers scream at you as if you urinated in the communion wine. 25% say it's cheaper to buy a $2000+ SR20det front clip than pay $1000 for a mustang from a junkyard. 3% say it's cheaper and easier to drop a Nissan V8 in the car, I guess those are the board members on LSD. 1.9% will say cool and 0.1 % will actually offer advice. Because of this I'm probably buying a KA motor and turboing it because it'll be cheaper than the SR20 and I doubt I get any advice putting a 302 in it

can one put a 289 or 327 in a 240sx ? has it been done ? i'm not into the import scene.

hondas with chrome coffee cans taped to the end of the exhaust pipe, do nothing for me.

my 86 ( pre hard body ) bone stock nissan pickup,172k miles, with a camper shell on it, can run with half of em, stop light to stop light.

you suggesting that there are 240zx cars out there powered by american V8 engines ... ?

you have web site or pix ?

Guest HolyLlama

I did a quick google search but couldn't find anything. The cars are like bigfoot; people talk about them but you never see one. There was a old carbed 350 in a 240sx on ebay last year and seen a picture of one from a car show in Atlanta; it had a 4.6 litre Ford. I like the KA engine and I can build it cheaper than I could a 302 because I know how to rig stuff up for inline engines, I've never worked on a V engine in my life. The 302 has a huge aftermarket though. I hate Chevy's. I would never do a Chevy swap. No one around here knows how to make hp from it besides slapping a 4 barrel carb on it and stroking it out and I hate carburation. With Fords you have a bigger emphasis on fuel injection. Don't believe me? Just look through a Summit Catalog.

Getting off my rant, I'd estimate there's less than 200 V8 240sx's running around. They're there you just never seem to be able to find one. Jesus Christ we've meandered way off topic

Guest 305240

I guess I'm in the 1.9% and .1%, seeing as I'm putting a ford 302 into my 240.

Sticks and stones will break my bones---but words will never hurt me...HAHAHAHA