HybridZ

Im going to Canada / Us in september!

Guest Birkl240Z

Guest Birkl240Z

Hi!

Im comming all the way from Sweden-Europe to visit relatives to my gilrfriend in the Vancouver-Victoria area! And for me to see cars and buy stuff to my Z!

How is the Nissan/Datsun show and shine meet in Vancouver?

Lots of cars? what z-club has this event? Web page?

Sept 12 All Datsun/Nissan Show & Shine North Vancouver, BC

How much does it cost to order parts from MotorSportAuto to an adress in BC?

Customs, taxes...

We are going to travel around the Vancouver island and also a trip down in US, Seattle. look at the Boing factory and so on.

Im grateful for ideas of other fun things to do in the area.

Thanks in advance / Henrik

Ordering Parts from Ross (Modern Motorsports) to BC is about the same as anywhere else. Shipping costs are low, but you have to pay GST 7% and PST 7.5% tax on everything. No Customs/duties are charged. I dont really have any info on the Datsun/Nissan meet. My Z car will probably not be ready for the show, but I hope to attend.

Cool man!

The all Datsun/Nissan event is a great one, one of the gem's of the northwest! Last year we have about 80-100 cars, for the autocross on Saturday, and the show on Sunday. Many of these cars won awards on both days! (a real accomplishment I think) I'll be there!

The show is put on by the (mostly defunct) BC Z Registry, VIDE (http://www.vanisledatsun.com), Northwest Nissans, and the 510 club of BC.

Ordering from MSA to BC will still KILL you in shipping, duty, taxes, etc.... I bet it'd be cheaper sending it to Sweden. :P (I payed $147 to my door for 6 flywheel bolts from MSA... a long story, but you get the idea)

When you get closer to coming over shoot me an email and maybe we can get you to come by my shop and go for a ride in some Z's. :)

Guest Birkl240Z
Ordering Parts from Ross (Modern Motorsports) to BC is about the same as anywhere else. Shipping costs are low, but you have to pay GST 7% and PST 7.5% tax on everything. No Customs/duties are charged. I dont really have any info on the Datsun/Nissan meet. My Z car will probably not be ready for the show, but I hope to attend.

Ok, thanks for your info! I will contact them for some of the stuff I need.

Cool man!

The all Datsun/Nissan event is a great one' date=' one of the gem's of the northwest! Last year we have about 80-100 cars, for the autocross on Saturday, and the show on Sunday. Many of these cars won awards on both days! (a real accomplishment I think) I'll be there!

The show is put on by the (mostly defunct) BC Z Registry, VIDE (http://www.vanisledatsun.com), Northwest Nissans, and the 510 club of BC.

Ordering from MSA to BC will still KILL you in shipping, duty, taxes, etc.... I bet it'd be cheaper sending it to Sweden. :P (I payed $147 to my door for 6 flywheel bolts from MSA... a long story, but you get the idea)

When you get closer to coming over shoot me an email and maybe we can get you to come by my shop and go for a ride in some Z's. :)[/quote']

Ok thanks alot for your info!

Im really looking forward to come over!

Ordering from MSA... Shit that sounds bad. So i have to find an adress in

the Seattle area then to cut some expenses? ;)

Yes I will send you an email, would be real fun to come by the shop!

I will travell trough Duncan at least 2 times :)

And mabye you got some of the parts that ill need.

If you ship to any US address you will probably save 50% or more over getting it here. Not only are the border charges high, shipping from US to US addresses is really cheap in comparison. However if you bring them across the border you technically (well, legally) have to pay duty and taxes.

We very well may have parts that you are looking for as well. Feel free to come by anytime.