HybridZ

240SX Viscous diff case in Z R200 + 88 SE halfshafts?

Sean73

I pulled a set of 300ZXT (86 if I remember correctly, not the 88SE) CV's a few weeks ago, they look like they will plug right into a standard R-200 open diff. They dont look like the shaft ends from the R-200 VLSD I have though. Looks like I'll have to find some out of an 88SE.

Mike

The RH shaft needs to have the long nose with splines to engage the viscous unit in the diff. The other shafts may plug in, but you won't have an LSD. Can anyone give me the diameters of the 88SE shaft to confirm that they will work in the Z32 N/A diff?

We are OK on the spline count....

Thanks

Doug

Thanks Sean - Looking good. I found a place that has new 88SE shafts in stock. Not cheap though.

Doug

I have the 88se installed in my 260 right now with the custom shaft build up a per James Thagard, but I also have a complete spare 88se diff w/o the shafts...

Can you provide the info on where to get the new 88se shafts? It's a shame only the inboard portion is needed for the custom shaft build, so having to buy the whole new shafts is a waste... :twisted: