HybridZ

Air intake sensor location

jkube

Hope you guys can help with this, I am installing a 280zxt motor into my 240z and plan to use Megasquirt to run the fuel system.

My question is where do I install the Intake air temp sensor?

Do I put it into the freash air intake ( before the turbo) or into the J-pipe (before the throttle body).

Seems to me it should be the j-pipe, but I am unsure of this

thanks

Jeff

A buddy of mine tapped his 60mm throttle body spacer to run one a Intake Air sensor. I have my intake tapped for one, currently plugged.

You can run one in the jpipe, I wouldnt do it since odds are you are going to intercooler it. You can also run it right before the throttle body in the intercooler pipe.

Guest Chris240turbo

I would say before the turbo if not intercooled, and in the upper I/C pipe, after the I/C and before the TB if the motor is 'cooled, I believe my haltech manual says this too, but i'd have to look....

Guest Chris240turbo

I would say before the turbo if not intercooled, and in the upper I/C pipe, after the I/C and before the TB if the motor is 'cooled, I believe my haltech manual says this too, but i'd have to look....