HybridZ

Will I Burn A Valve?

I want to fire up the Z in a couple of weeks to check things out, but I don't have the exhaust system yet. If I run it with just the Summit block huggers and collectors am I likely to burn a valve? I always heard that if you run one with just the exhaust manifolds you could burn a valve. It's not worth chancing that.

Nope, it when you do NOT use any exhaust manifolds that you can burn a valve. You should be fine with the headers and collectors.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong (not much sleep last night :D ) but that's the way I understand it. It will be just a wee bit loud though cuss.gif

Davy

Guest Anonymous

It won't hurt a thing except your wife being pissed because she missed her soap opera.It will be loud,no doubt,but you won't hurt anything about the car.Just have some earplugs handy 2thumbs.gif .

Izzy

Guest Anonymous

Oops!Forgot to mention,if it's cold weather where you live when you fire it up,don't back the car up.The cold air can go up through the headers and crack the head.I have always heard that happens so I am extra cautious when I run an uncapped car.I could be wrong about this though.Just something that I always heard.

Izzy

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that "don't back up in cold weather" thing, Izzy. weird.gif

Go for it Georgia, fire that baby up and wake the neighbors. Enjoy the noise, you won't hurt a thing. That's your victory cry. 2thumbs.gif Heck, that's a right of passage for all us HybridZ guys. cheers.gif

Guest Anonymous

Well,it's like I said,that's just what I heard.Wouldn't mind to hear the loud noise anyway.Of course that little theory doesn't stop me from cranking one up with uncapped headers.Enjoy your car,and the noise! 2thumbs.gif

Izzy cheers.gif

Also, have an air filter on it. When I started mine with the same setup, I was on the lawn over some sand remnants from blasting. Kicked it up something awful. Luckily I did have the filter on, but with all the glass out of it at the time, I'm *still* cleaning sand out of the interior!