HybridZ

Mounting Sanden 508 on L-6

74Adam

Well, I'm getting my feet wet on the A/C thing. Since my dash is out I figured it would be a good idea to get all the components ready. I'm using a mish-mash of parts from All Z East here in Ft. Worth. I like the idea of using the stock 280 evap. unit so I can keep everything nice and tidy inside the dash. I'll replace the compressor and probably the dryer and clean out the remaining used pieces. That seems like a good starting point. I'll get my 609 certification and use R-12.

So I'm seeing alot of people talking up the Sanden 508 and it sounds like a good compressor to use except that it doesn't match the stock Hitachi mounting points. So, my question is what has to be done to make it work. Is there a readily available bracket or will I have to custom fab something? I looked in the archives but most of the posts involved mounting to a v-8.

appreciate the help,

-Adam

Guest 71Hakosuka

I think that's the same setup MSA sells for their add-on A/C kit.

I was able to buy just the mount from them because I didnt need the other parts. I haven't mounted it yet so I can't tell you how well it works. Give them a call.

Guest 71Hakosuka

By driver side you mean the left side....my car is RHD so it is actually the passenger side on mine. Anyway, yes, thats the way it is set up. Left side. I think I paid MSA $95 for the mount, their whole kit was about $600 if I remember right....it was a couple years ago. If you have the MSA catalog, there is a picture there. But the parts are not listed separately....gotta ask.

• 2 weeks later...
.., I'll replace the compressor and probably the dryer [/u']and clean out the remaining used pieces..,

No "Probably" to it. Dont re-use an old dryer/accumalator. If the dessicant bag is partially or fully saturated and you re-use it, then the air will never get as cold as it should simply because of the old dryer can not pull any more moisture out of the system.

Dont take a chance w/the old Dryer/Accumalators unless they are a unit whereby you can actually replace the old dessicant bag w/out damaging the housing.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)