HybridZ

Well Gang..Here is The OFFICIAL Scoop On The New MkV Supra!

slownrusty

This is straight from the TRD rep who visited a Toyota dealership and let out some interesting tidbits. I got this info through a friend off Supra Forums, so nothing embellished or changed, this is straight from the TRD rep:

a) It will be called "Supra".

B) 2 models will be offered, base and GT version.

c) Base = $30K-ish and will smoke a 350Z.

d) GT = $50K-ish and will use a V8.

e) It will be sexy, and worthy of the name Supra.

f) When he sends me pictures (yes, real photos of the CA mystery car) you know I will piss off Toyota by posting them here.

Maybes (rumors from TRD):

a) F1 paddle shifters.

B) Boost? He mentioned the words "turbo" and "blower'.

c) May see it as a 2006 model offering.

Interesting TRD info:

a) They have stroker 4.7L V8 Tundra race engines on the shelf that now are like 5.4L and make 600hp N/A. They are for sale. MKV Supra swap?

B) The Scion tC Vortech blower kit has an optional water-air intercooler for 220+fwhp. $3K suggested price.

c) The "Volta" may be a reality, but only in Europe as a $100K offering.

As an aside this is good news as MkIV Supras will now be affordable, hahahah maybe I might be able to pick up a mod'd TT for $5K, as the Supra owners ditch their current MkIVs to buy the new gen? Similar to the Corvette crowd.

Yasin

As an aside this is good news as MkIV Supras will now be affordable' date=' hahahah maybe I might be able to pick up a mod'd TT for $5K, as the Supra owners ditch their current MkIVs to buy the new gen? Similar to the Corvette crowd.

Yasin[/quote']

I sure hope so, I want one soo bad, but there oh so expensive, even at the insurance auctions prices are in the 8k range for a hard hit. Maybe now they wont be worth a dime :-D , and we'll be able to pick them up every where.