HybridZ

240, 260, 280z? which to use for the sbf conv?

Guest BIGSHOT357

Guest BIGSHOT357

I ACTUALLY GOT ONE OF EACH FOR A REAL GOOD DEAL. IM PARTIAL TO THE 240 BUT IS IT THE BEST TO USE OR NOT. IF FRAME STREGTH IS THE ONLY ISSUE THAT CAN BE ADDRESSED. I PLAN ON BACK-HALFING THE CAR ANYWAY...SO IS THEIR ANY OTHER ADVANTAGES OR DISADVANTAGES TO WORRY ABOUT? THANKS...BIGSHOT 8)

Guest 305240

Just a suggestion here, please don't use caps. It makes people think you are yelling and demanding.

I'm using the 240, but going almost stock to very mild with my 302. Reasons being, The 240 body likes to twist a little out of shape when lots of torgue is applied to it. the 280 is stronger, not only in the frame area, which it goes all the way back, but the floor braces, doors, and other added structual braces. When your doors won't close, you know you have twisted it. Don't worry, there are other areas of the 280 that can loose weight, IE bumpers and brackets, A/C, ect. Do you plan on running fuel injection? If so, the 280 tank is already set up for it whereas the 240 isn't.

Use the search button and you can read more on this. I'd bet every subject that you can think of has already been covered dozens of times. good luck, and welcome to the world of Hybrids!

Dan; that last post was soooo awesome, I had to do a double take; literally! :D:D:D:D

BIGSHOT357:

Does anyone run a simple motor plate as the basis for their transplant?

Here is one photo of the plates I used for mine. I've no regrets mounting it this way, BUT the car is not a daily driver, AND it has helped a lot in added rigidity to the unibody.

standard.jpg