HybridZ

FMU install pics, "No Mr. Smogman that's my EGR valve!&

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

No big deal or anything but I was pretty jazzed that I actually found a spot on the intake manifold to mount this thing, as opposed to drilling yet more holes in the body (which I actually FINALLY went out and bought a drill, so I could do just that... what a waste! After all the times I have needed one too...). I like it tacked onto the manifold like that... almost looks like it was there from the factory... if you don't notice the fact that it's so nice new and shiny as opposed to the old weathered look of the rest of the engine!!

635763_22_full.jpg

635763_23_full.jpg

Also notice the 100% unintentional Spider-Man color-theme I'm going for with my hoses, couplers, and for that matter the blue paint job and orange engine bay :lol::oops::shock: I dunno why but I like it :P:oops:

Guest ToplesZ

looks good all you need to finish off that bay is a nicely painted valve cover and a jsk fuel rail I will be posting pictures of my polished one soon I hope.

Guest bastaad525

I've been pondering painting the valve cover at some point... and yeah I've wanted one of the JSK rails for a while... but $$$ $$$ $$$. And I do gotta stop spending money on the Z for a while... the I/C pipes/couplers, FMU and two trips to the dyno sucked up my stash in a hurry. Next big item on my list for the Z is most likely going to be the Innovate WB O2... now that I have much more control over my fuel curve, I need to be able to adjust it myself knowing what's going on, w/o hitting a dyno every time.

Mike... you know... I thought I used to have a heat shield on there and I can't for the life of me remember where it went. I know I'd benefit from one, but seems to be doing fine as it is... just another thing on my list of things to do.

Akeizm - I have no idea how I've gotten as far as I have w/o a drill bro... or why I waited so long to pick one up. I've either been using other peoples, or paying shops to drill holes that I needed, or using this little hand tool I have... a little cone shaped thing that you use to tap holes, I forget what it's called... can make any size hole from fractions of a mm to about 1"... real fun trying to get that thing thru sheet metal but hey it's worked. That's how I tapped the holes in the fender for my MSD install, among a few other things. About 40 mins to tap two holes :D

Well I have one now... I just HOPE I have any use left for it!