HybridZ

350 Engine Questions??

Guest wild_z

Guest wild_z

Alright, I've finally decided that I'm going to put a Chevy 350 into my 280zx but the question is I need help and I would like to know if anybody has wiring diagrams or even some explained help of how to put a 350 into the car. Any help is greatly appreciated.

JTR is working on a ZX V8 mounting kit. It is expected to be ready within two months.

Currently, JTR has headers for ZX's with the rack and pinion steering.

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_DATZX_Header-RackPin.html

A radiator and radiator mounting kit is also available.

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_DATZX_Radiator_Kit.html

How about a set of headers for the recirculating ball type steering!

What kind of engine are you going with......EFI or Carb'd If its carb'd then there really isnt much to wire up. EFI it will depend of what kind of engine you use and what type of PCM set up you use.

Guy

As far as headers for cars with recirculating ball steering, I don't we are going to make any.

It isn't very difficult to install a rack-and pinion-steering system onto ZX cars that have the recirculating ball steering sytem. The changeover requires the front crossmember, steering rack, steering shaft, and steering coupler. The parts are easily obtained at wrecking yards, and the cost for a complete set-up is typically about $100-$200.

Well for me it doesnt make sense at this point(i build a header for the D.S. side) to switch over to the rack & pinion steering but for a guy who doesnt have the engine installed this is great news for 280ZX V8 guys.

But its going to costs about the same in the end(it would have for me anyways....Say $200 for the rack&pinion set up(all parts needed) +$310(ceramic coated D-Port 1 5/8" headers = $510 for a set of headers. Thats roughly what I have invested in my headers. I think I spent about $530ish all said and done. Of course buying the headers and installing that rack & pinion probably would have been much easier than fabing up a set of headers! I can almost gaurantee that! LOL :lol:

How long have they been avaliable?

Guy