HybridZ

Custom Ashtray

Phantom

For last Christmas my kids got the grille on my 280Z28 chromed. It really looks sweet. They also tried to get my ashtray (cupholder?) chromed but the plater just lyed the chrome down on the outside stating he couldn't get deposition onthe inside of the ashtray. I know it can be done with the right tooling but I decided it wasn't worth it to argue with him. Anyway, my older sone took the ashtray to a place that does spray-in bedliners and had them coat the inside of the ashtray with black bedliner. He also had the edge of the tray masked off so that now the tray has a black interior framed in a 3/8" wide chrome ring around the outer edge. Minor thing but it adds a nice touch to the interior.

Yeah - I'm a very fortunate guy. Loving wife who supports all my Z stuff and even encourages me to fix the car up. Two sons that are great young men - both with excellent futures ahead of them - that care about me and actually like hanging out with their old man, and a wonderful daughter-in-law who has fully accepted my wife and I and is now expecting our first grandchild. Almost makes me want to cry I'm so happy.