HybridZ

Idling lean and missing, can't find any vaccum leaks

Guest 2slo4u

Guest 2slo4u

My car is running lean at idle and missing. Can't find ANY vaccum leaks. I removed and cleaned the boot from the Mass airflow sensor to the turbo and it is in awesome shape, no cracks. I can't find any leaks anywhere else either.

When I open the throttle, it hesitates up to about 15-1800 rpm but revs quickly after that. I can totally disconnect the tps and it makes no difference. It idles at 37psi and jumps up to 44-45psi under boost.

I noticed that when pinching the return line, the fuel pressure shot up really high and the car idled smoothly, no misses. It also revs quickly with no hesitation when I pinch the return line. I guess this still sounds like a vaccum leak, but I can't find any more.

This is what I have:

-81zx turbo with:

-85300zx turbo ecu

-85turbo mass airflow sensor

-brand new turbo injectors (stock)

-new chts

-new plug wires, cap and rotor

-stock air filter housing is still being used, so no hot air into mas

-300zxturbo coolant temp sensor is being used

Could the problem be a bad valve job allowing the valves to seat sometimes and not seal other times? This is getting aggravating, because I'm sure it is something I could repair in an hour or less if only I knew what the problem actually was. :?:?:?:? Any help appreciated as always.

Brian

81zxturbo

95slobaru