HybridZ

My boss is a jerk! But it's ok I guess..

datsunlover

Well, I got two Pathfinders on friday for $1000, to build one for a winter beater. On the way home from picking up those, I came across ANOTHER pathfinder (yah yah, this is snowballing..) for $500.. Front drivers side is creamed bad, but the rest is good.. and identical to my two (89 2 door, v6/5 speed) with all the good parts I need! So I called the lady, she says she has to get it gone from where it's parked, and she'll take $200 for it! :shock: Im screwed thogh, cause I dont have $200 at the moment.. so that night, by chance I meet up with my boss at a coffee shop, and start telling him about all this..

I should point out that he already LENT me $400 last week to get the first two trucks, which I had agreed to pay back in instalments over the next two weeks. (He signs my paycheques, so he knows I'll have the $$!)

Anyway, he says he's looking for something like that now too, as his 88 V8 suburban is killing him on fuel, and he also want 4X4 for the winter.. Dum dum dum...

Today I go out to the shop to start tearing into my 2 trucks, and my boss shows up... Turns out he looked at that other truck this morning, and BOUGHT IT! :evil: Yup.. right out from under me. What was I gona say though right? (Hmmm.. well I owe him $400 and he employs me, so I can't be a dink to him.. crap..) I'm pissed, but after talking for a bit, things start looking better.... He looks at MY parts truck, and we do a deal... :lol:

I take the parts off I need (hatch, mirors, tail light, windshield) and he'll buy the rest for $400 to fix the one he just got...cause it's gona need a whole drivers side front clip/rad/ect. AAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!! SURE!!! heh heh.. AND; he's gona end up paying me to fix HIS pathy when the shop slows down in a few weeks! I guess he felt bad for me.. doing this deal 'out from under me' but it worked out better for me now.. Life is funny... :-D

Actually, a general machine shop.. but I've been messing with automotive things for years, and so has my boss.. between us there seems to be enough knowlege and tools/shop space to get things like this done fairly cheep... It still burns me though how this went down.. really, I didnt have much of a choice on anything.. just lucked out and it'll probly be ok...