HybridZ

gto spark now need a place for the big afm

so where do you guys have your turbo afm in your early z cars

any pics would be great even if they are from a 280z, i just need something

i just got spark on my 1973 240 with its enw 1982 turbo engine and i drove it for like 20 sec. i stopped because i saw that i broke my rad, the heavy afm fell on it and made a tiny hole in it so now i can drive the car, so i will get the rad fixed soon, my real prob is the falling afm, i just had it right off the turbo, where can i fit the afm, i plan on putting in an intercooler so room will be hard.

so where do you guys have your turbo afm in your early z cars

any pics would be great even if they are from a 280z, i just need something

:D

Somehow I fit mine below the j-pipe between engine block and fender and had room for a cone filter. I bought some couplers and cut a piece of mandrel bent pipe to go between the AFM and turbo inlet. I don't have a picture of it. I did not have the vacuum modulator so that freed up some room.

I got the AFM to fit under the TB and Distributor. It sits just over the AC compressor. I mounted it on a home-made bracket off of the original mounting boss on the fender. The intake air comes up from towards the road via a 3" ovalized tube into a cobra-head elbow. There is a cone type air filter in the drivers headlight bucket between the light bulb housing and the inner fender liner. A 3" hose runs from the filter, under the framerail and up into the AFM.

AFM-%20MOUNT.jpg

This was the original air supply but it got collapsed by the TO4B!!

LOW_DOLLAR_INTAKE.jpg