HybridZ

Viper and me

cygnusx1

I just came from the 1000+ car weekly Bear Mountain, NY show and was behind a 96 Viper on one of the "ten best roads" in the USA. Route 6/202 from the Bear Mountain bridge to the Ansville Circle. It's about 5 miles or so of twisty up and downs along side a rocky mountain side over the Hudson River. There was some show traffic on the road so we kept it on this side of sanity. The Viper would slow up to let the traffic ahead and then punch it from about 30 mph. I was doing the same thing sitting in 2nd gear just about 3000rpm and punching it along with him. No surprise he pulled away but not very fast. I was thoroughly impressed with my little Z. In the turns it was most even - as far as carrying speed. He did NOT pull away in the twistys. In fact by the bottom of the road he stopped trying in turns and waited for straights to pull the fast ones on me. The Mustang behind us, also from the show, was watching and attempting to participate. It was not even in the game. It always caught me when the speed sprints were over. Forget the turns, he had NO chance. I was pleasantly surprised by the improvement in my brakes as they warmed up too. The KVR pads and the Powerslots do a fine job in the 4-pistons once they warm up good.

Fun Fun Fun. :lol:

The road:

http://www.hvnet.com/FEATURES/images/getout05.jpg

Here are the Vipers Stats:

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1996@$Dodge@$Viper%20RT+10g.html