HybridZ

Got pulled over last night.. funny..

datsunlover

Well, I FINALLY got pulled over last night.. been waiting for it for a while, seeing as I'v been driving the Z for over a month with no incident...

So Im cruising around town with the girlfriend last night.. about 12:30am.. come up to a red light, and notice a cop on the other side.. no big deal, Im legal and all. Im gona go right.. so I get in the right lane, signal, stop.. and as I look left, I see a buddy of mine waiting to turn left. I check and theres no trafic behind me, so I back up a foot or so and lean my head out to tell my friend I'll turn around and meet him in a minit at the local coffee shop up the road (the direction he's going).

As I do this, the light turns green... I look up.. ok.. make my turn.. huh? :shock: the cop turns and follows me! So I roll down to the next street, make a right, and sure enough, 5oh's tailing me. :roll: so after two more right turns (to get back to the intersection I started at) he decides to throw on his lights. Im watching and waiting for it, so Im off to the side of the road in about 2 seconds, cars turned off, licence/ins./ownership ready.

Cop walks up (cheking out my car.. obviously cant figure out what the hell it is :lol: ) and gets my info, takes it back to his car. At this point my girlfriend is getting a little woried, a few hondas roll by, rubber necking, and Im almost laughing out loud caus there's nothing he can get me for really, but it's a sports car and I guess the cop was bored or something.. :?: Anyway, he comes back and says 'evrythings fine here.. just wondering what you were doing back there.. you're a local, so I know you wern't lost.. what's up?' I tell him I was talking to my friend, and was turning around to meet him. And then add that I didnt want to make a left turn from the right lane with a police officer across the intersection!! Cop says 'Ahh.. that was a good dicision. Have a nice nite.' And he drives away.

I get to the coffee shop and my buddys like "WTF man?!" I tell him.. well, I just got pulled over for making a right turn, from the right turn lane, on a green light. Had a good laugh over that one!

Guest bastaad525

I seriously wonder how I have NOT been pulled over in the Z after all this time. I mean I do tend to drive like a nut, I dont mean just speeding all the time or anything (but I do my fair share thereof), but I make U-turns where I'm not supposed to and stuff like that. Plus my 240 has always been loud. And I didn't have my front license plate attached for the longest time. AND I have NO seatbelts (I know I know... there's a long conversation that follows that but... hey it's not my thread okay? :D ). AND I have no rear bumper, and it's obvious that there's supposed to be one. AND since I work graveyard shift I'm always up late at night, and do do a lot of late night cruising. AND!!!! I work in Glendale, CA, which for anyone local to here will attest to, is THE hotspot for 'bored cop' activity. I mean, these guys will pull you over for just about anything. The police car-to-regular car ratio is WAY higher in Glendale than most of L.A. county, and they are always on the lookout for any little thing they can pull you over for. I do notice I get 'the look' alllll the time but have yet to get pulled over in 2+ years of owning the 240. The only ticket I've gotten in the last 5 years WAS for speeding... in my then g/f's mid 80's Camry!!

Well... I better go knock on every piece of wood in my house now as I'm sure I jynxed it.