HybridZ

It's in! Ain't it purdy? pics

Guest 305240

Keeping my fingers crossed here, it's bolted in for the last time. Now the fun part starts. I get to add everything that goes with it. I been shopping ebay! Anyway, enjoy all.

Boltedinforthelasttime.jpg

More than enough room on this side. Steering shaft is not even close to hitting anything. I'm pretty sure I can fab up a saddle type mount without having to change the steering. If I do that, then I can use an oil filter in the stock place, but what the heck, those remotes look so trick!

needsremoteoilfilter.jpg

Looks good Amigo,

I think you can get a remanf. 5.0 H O starter from Auto Zone for around $60.00 exchange. The guy I got mine from told me that if I didn't have a high torque starter to exchange to just put a starter in the box and bring it back. That's a lot cheaper than buying a powermaster.

If you are going to use your cast iron manifolds I'd suggest sandblasting, and then powder coating them. Eastwood has high temp powder coating now for around $20.00 for 8 oz. should be more than enough to do a couple manifolds, and maybe an intake. You can get the powder coating gun from Harbor Freight for $60.00 if you catch them on sale. http://www.eastwoodco.com/index.jsp

I did my tight tuck headers and pulley's with it and was pleased with the results. Found an old stove that the oven worked good on that a guy gave to me.

The chrome silver with a clearcoat on it will be a killer color for an intake manifold. Won't have to worry about gas staining the aluminum, and constant polishing to get it to look acceptable.

Adios Amigos,

Now that's an idea. I can do that. The wife should love baked manifolds for dinner...lol...I decided to weld up my own sidepipes, using 3" pipes and glasspaks. What would you suggest using on them? I'd like them black. They will be too big to fit in the oven...lol... Would just a powder clear cote work on a clean manifold? I'm also getting the cobra valve covers to go with it. Thanks, I'll keep everyone posted. BTW, I think I've figured out a way to mount my B&M rachet shifter so it will be in the stock Z hole. I'll take pics of that mod also.

I think Eastwood makes an infrared heater for large pieces. Or you could check in your area for a powdercoater, they have large ovens that can even do frames.

The clear would work on an intake, but it will change the color somewhat. Several manf. are now using the "chrome" or bright silver to powdercoat their manifolds. I saw some at the Nats South and they look good, don't have to worry about trying to keep them clean all the time. The powdercoat is tougher than "chicken lips", isn't bad to stain like the normal intakes will.

I used an old Mustang II shifter on mine with the stock boot, worked good for years.

Adios Amigos,