HybridZ

How do I remove the clutch pedal??

Hey guys, I have searched and didn't find anything about removing the stock clutch pedal assembly. I am nearing the completion of my 383/TH350 swap into the car and wanted to clean up the interior alittle and since the clutch is no longer used the pedal can go too.

I have already removed the clutch master cylinder, but could find an easy way to remove the clutch pedal assembly.

Any help about the clutch pedal removal is welcomed and thanked in advance.

This is from the 78 280Z FSM.

1. Unhook return spring from the pedal assm.

2.Pry off cotter pin and remove clevis pin; disconnect push rod from pedal assm.

3.Back off falcrum pin at the top of the pedal assm. and remove the pedal assm.

LARRY

Cool beans, I already have steps #1 and #2 done already when I removed the clutch master cylinder.

Thanks for the help Larry, I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, one more thing. Does anyome know if the pedals and arms are made of steel or iron? I ask because I want to weld on a larger GM type "disc" brake pad seat.

Since I changed my Z from a manual to an automatic, I removed the clutch pedal also. In addition to switching over, I installed a brake pedal in place of the original brake pedal, from a Z that had an automatic transmission. This pedal is moved over to the left a bit and it has a slightly bigger pad. Just something to consider.

!M!

Since I changed my Z from a manual to an automatic' date=' I removed the clutch pedal and installed a brake pedal from a Z that had an automatic transmission. This pedal is moved over to the left a bit and it has a slightly bigger pad. Just something to consider.

!M![/quote']

Sweet, I hadn't thought about that. The bad news I haven't been able to find a single first GEN Z that hasn't already been picked clean in local (60 mile radius) wreaking yards.

........and the search begins......